Utah Olympic Park
The Utah Olympic Park is home to an amazing array of adventure activities. In the summer, in Park City, you can ride the alpine slide, ziplines, bobsled, take a free fall, and challenge yourself on the ropes course. These are all fun and friendly activities that are accessible and thrilling for everyone in your family.
- Ropes Course – The ropes course at Utah Olympic Park literally and figuratively will bring your 2021 summer vacation to new heights!
- Bobsled – Also at Olympic Park and is one of the coolest things you can do during a Park City Summer. There are bobsleds on wheels ready to slide right down the cement track that hit speeds up to 60mph. Before you get nervous, don’t worry a professional will keep you and your family safe. This is more for the older kids but one of the most exciting things to do.
- Ride an Alpine Coaster or Alpine Slide – The alpine slide and mountain coaster at Park City Mountain Resort are an absolute blast for families. When summer hits, the ski slopes become hiking and mountain bike trails, but the most impressive feature is Utah’s largest Alpine Coaster. The track weaves through the beautiful mountain scenery and can travel up to 30 miles per hour with loops and curves. You can also choose to hit the alpine slide which is a longer and smoother ride. These slides have two tracks and are fantastic for head to head racing! Younger kids can have the option of riding with an adult which allows for safety and possibly more speed.
- Farmers Market –The Farmers Market will be open for fresh fruit for a mid-hike snack, a bundle of organic vegetables for your next meal, locally made jams and jellies, or jewelry to take home as a souvenir. Come support the local community! The Park City Farmers Market is located at Park City Mountain Village near the First Time Lift and Silver King Lot every Wednesday from 11:00 – 5:00 PM.
- Canyons Village Summer Concert Series – The summer concert series is back and will return to Canyons Village on Thursday, July 8, 2021. Plan to listen in on select Thursday and Saturday nights throughout the summer at 6pm. Hot Buttered Rum will be playing a Free Concert on Thursday August 5th!
- Explore the Swaner Eco Preserve – The Swaner Eco Preserve is your nice, calm dose of nature. Inside the visitors center, there are rotating exhibits. Before heading outside, check out the observation tower and use the binoculars to try and spot wildlife. Try and spot the animals such as – Hawks, Elk, and Deer. Insider tip – If you think you haven’t spent enough time in the preserve, ask the front desk for the code to get in the gate to access the trail system so you can spend a bit of time hiking around the preserve.
If you want a real Wild West experience, there’s really no better way than by going on a horseback trail ride. Deer Valley offers horseback riding through Boulder Mountain Ranch. One-hour to full-day rides are available, with lunch or dinner options. There are also chuck wagon hayrides and BBQ dinners also available.
Hiking is the best family activity in Park City because it’s free, and just about anyone can do it. Park City has an incredible network of trails, so you could easily be hiking somewhere new every day of the week.
Park City has one of the best mountain bike trail systems in the entire state let alone anywhere. There is great riding and great trails for all levels, including your kids. For easy rides, a family go-to is to ride at Round Valley. There are plenty of beginner rides, and wider trails to allow for a great bonding experience. If you’re looking for more diverse levels of riding, check out Trailside Bike Park. Trailside has several different downhill-only trails that you can ride over and over. The trails start with a simple pump track (which even toddlers on balance bikes can do) and then move up to easy, intermediate and difficult tracks.
Stand Up Paddle boarding has quickly become one of the most popular water sports around, and for a good reason. If you want a place to hang out and paddle board in town, head over to Deer Valley’s Pebble Beach. If you want a more significant area, but with a bit more of a drive, Jordanelle Reservoir is the place to go.
Park City is the perfect playground for your family to enjoy the great outdoors and is exciting for all ages!